Vacuum pressure relief valves are designed to relieve excess pressure and excess vacuum in tanks. Opening the tank under vacuum can prevent a brewery fermenter or bright tank from collapsing where opening the tank under pressure can prevent a rupture from occurring which could harm production staff.
As soon as the pressure in the tank exceeds the preset maximum pressure the valve opens and relieves the excess pressure. Once the pressure returns within the preset range the valve closes again. Furthermore, as soon as the vacuum in the tank exceeds the preset maximum vacuum the valve opens. Again, once the vacuum returns within the preset range the valve closes again.
- The valve opening pressure is adjustable, the vacuum pressure is set.
- 1.5" TC: 0.5-2.0 bar (8-30 psi)
- 2.0" TC: 0.5-2.5 bar (8-36 psi)
- 2.5” TC: 0.5-2.1 bar (8-33 psi)
- Vacuum set at 0.01 bar
- The valves are not factory set to a value below the vessel max
operating pressure, setpoint must be confirmed prior to use.
- 1.5" TC: 480 litres per hour
- 2.0" TC: 1200 litres per hour
- 2.5” TC: 3000 litres per hour
- Temperature Range: -10C to +95C (+15F to +205F)
- Finish: 150 grit (max Ra 0.76-0.89 μm max μm, 30-35 μ”)
- Steel Grade: Aisi 304L